Discussion around specific warzones
Gamemaster
++ WARZONE OSIRIS CLUSTER ++

Post by Gamemaster » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:40 pm

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++
+++ IMPERIAL SIGNATURES CONFIRMS +++
+++ OMEGA CLEARANCE +++

PRIMARCHS OF THE IMPERIUM,

IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS WE MUST TURN TO OUR LEGIONS TO BRING COMPLIANCE WHEN DIPLOMACY HAS FAILED.

THE PRAXIL EMPIRE IS A VAST HUMAN CIVILISATION WITH POWERFUL FLEETS AND STRONG FORTIFICATIONS. THEY HAVE OUTRIGHT REFUSED TO SWEAR LOYALTY TO THE IMPERIUM AND WILL THE GREAT CRUSADE HAS NEED OF THEIR MINERAL AND INDUSTRIAL ASSETS.

BRING THIS EMPIRE TO COMPLIANCE AND SMASH THEIR MILITARY CAPABILITIES AND SEATS OF POWER.

TERRA

+++ TRANSMISSION ENDS +++

(GM Note - This Warzone includes 8 locations. The final location can only be resolved once the final planets in each of the 3 spurs has been vanquished. There are no strike team locations. This human Empire has powerful fleets and fortifications and an established military tradition. They potentially lack covert operations which could negate some of their strength. This will be a campaign of maintaining Strength and tactical genius)

Alighieri

Re: ++ WARZONE OSIRIS CLUSTER ++

Post by Alighieri » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:30 pm

A figure in a scarlet jacket wanders up to the technication in charge of the holo display.

"Can you show me Risa?"
"Yeah you can. I'm a Primarch."
""No really"
"Alighieri."
"You expected me to be taller? Yeah I get that a lot."
"Want a drink?"
"What's that? "
"What's an Oriris Cluster? "
"Are you sure you don't want a drink? "
"I could order you to have a drink if you want?"
"What is a Praxil resistance?"
"Does anybody want a drink?"
"Hey Jean-Armand seems obvious what to do right?"

A distinguished looking Astarte in Crimson and Gold join Alighieri at the consul, flicks through the notes and nods. "I shall go and make the arrangements".

"If anybody asks we are off to Anubis to try talking to people....."

Raguel

Post by Raguel » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Brothers,

It falls to us to see this "Empire" punished. We will need to defeat their outer defenses before we can proceed to their core worlds, I suggest we engage on a broad front using our superior numbers to keep their fleets pinned and unable to support one another.

Unless their are objections, I will lead my sons against the blockage fleet designated Alpha. Which of you will take Beta and Gamma?

Johannes Gause

Post by Johannes Gause » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:37 am

"Raguel, if you are to be part of this campaign i will take my legion to the other end of the warzone. I have no desire to sully my marines with one your 'police actions'. I will take the Harbingers to Warzone Gamma, Soren that would leave Beta to you."
Johannes Gause, Primarch of the Harbingers, VI Legionnes Astartes.
"We are the watchers in the dark, the sword in the darkness, the shield that guards the realms of men."

Soren the Silent

Post by Soren the Silent » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 pm

"Indeed it would" chime the servo skulls that orbit the primarch. The silent one seems to ponder for a moment before the skulls speak out. " Might i council caution" he gestures towards the holo displays of the Orirus war zones. "Though extensive, i do not believe our intelligence of the sector and the forces arrayed against is are complete."

He pauses "certainly not complete enough to risk my legion straight from warp. Rather than a frontal assault intend to set my Evocati covens to the task of surveying and infiltrating our foe so we might better exploit thier weaknesses". "I shall of course share all pertinent intelligence and coordinate with both of you. Thier empire will fall"

Gamemaster

Post by Gamemaster » Tue May 08, 2018 6:28 pm

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++
+++ IMPERIAL SIGNATURES CONFIRMS +++
+++ OMEGA CLEARANCE +++

CURRENT STATUS OF WARZONE

FIVE FULL IMPERIAL EXPEDITIONARY FLEETS HAVE ENGAGED THE PRAXIL EMPIRE.

LEGION V AESIR
LEGION VI HARBINGERS
LEGION VIII SONS OF SOREN
LEGION XI EMPERORS JUDGEMENT
LEGION XVIII CRIMSON HUSSARS

ALL THREE TERTIARY FLEETS HAVE BEEN DESTROYED. THE WAY TO THE BASTION WORLDS AND THE LARGER OMEGA FLEET IS NOW CLEAR.

PSYCHIC MANIPLULATION PLAYED A LARGE PART IN THE DESTRUCTION AND PACIFICATION OF THE ENEMY FLEETS.

THE EMPERORS JUDGEMENT HAVING BEGUN AN EARLY CAMPAIGN WAS SUCCESSFUL IN RELIEVING THE SONS OF SOREN AND ROUTING THE BLOCKADE OF FLEET BETA.

LIKEWISE THE CRIMSON HUSSARS ARRIVED AT THE PERFECT MOMENT TO CRUSH THE FLEET ENGAGING THE HARBINGERS AT FLEET GAMMA.

THE SONS OF SOREN TOOK THE GREATEST CASUALTIES.

THE AESIR, CRIMSON HUSSARS AND SONS OF SOREN ALL CONTRIBUTED HEAVILY TO THE ENEMY DESTRUCTION.

Johannes Gause

Post by Johannes Gause » Thu May 10, 2018 7:01 am

Brothers, the campaign is going well. The picket fleets of the enemy are scattered, but now begins the real fight. Given the forces we currently have arrayed against us, and based on the intelligence our scouts have been able to glean. i would suggest we proceed as follows.

I will lead my Legion in a ground assault against Fortress world Duo. Raguel, i suggest you lead your Astartes and assault Fortress world Unus. Remember these are misguided humans, if they surrender do not execute them.

Their main fleet is now within striking distance, Vidar and Alighieri, you should engage and destroy their fleet blockade Omega.

That will allow Soren's Legion to resupply and act as a reserve.
"We are the watchers in the dark, the sword in the darkness, the shield that guards the realms of men."

Alighieri

Post by Alighieri » Thu May 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Sorry to say - not me.

I'm off to go look at some dangerous Xenos artefact on the edge of space with Mar'Fett Dass.

Johannes Gause

Post by Johannes Gause » Sat May 12, 2018 11:11 am

Johannes looks disapprovingly at Alighieri, then continues to address the other Primarchs in the region.

"It would seem something more important has distracted our brother away from this ongoing warzone. If that is the case i will revise my approach to bring Soren's Legion against the Praxil fleet in the center. Does anyone else have an opinion on this strategy? If i hear from no one else i will assume you all concur and will issue my orders in accordance with the plan."

Soren the Silent

Post by Soren the Silent » Sun May 13, 2018 12:33 am

the hololithic display showing the primarch of the 8th flickers momentarily before the image sharpens once more. The primarchs vox unit crackles to life and Sorren speaks to his brothers in his customary mechanical monotone.

+greetings brothers and well fought+

tactical data flows onto the holo display replacing the primarchs face. The vox units drone on.

+here is the intell package i said i would share. Make use of it. It was brought with the blood of my sons.+

+ As you can see before Raguels forces intervened my legions initial assault was able to bring the occupying fleet down to 22% of its fighting strength. Though thiers ships are based of the same STCs as our own there are note_able differences. thier hulls are sleeker and thier lance batteries more advanced. During our initial engagements they where able to out range us. This said they have no phycic defences and thier cyber defences are sloppy at best. we broke thier cyphers early on and i have attached the current keys to the intell.+

The primarch pauses before carrying on.

+this intell was hard won. losses amongst the 8th have been considerable. 24% of my fleet strenght has been depleted. My legion has lost thousands+

The primarch broods his expression one of sorrow

+Such a waste. But this is war .... Sacrifices must be made. I accept that. I also accept that things would have been worse had the judgment not struck the killing blow. I am grateful brother and commend your forces on thier ferocity. Your flanking manouver carried the day and could not have been timed better.+

+but to the situation at hand. If this initial engagement has taught us anything it is that our operations are more effective when 2 legions fight in tandem. With the hussars quitting the field might i suggest an amendments to your plan Johannes+

Sorren pulls up a hololyth display of the current warzone and highlights the fleet omega

+currently fleet omega is the only thing between us and total void superiority over the enemy. But i can not crush then alone. Rather than attack all three fronts with a legion each and one in reserve wouldn't it ve more prudent to crush thier fleet and take but one of the fortress worlds rather than risk taking neither?+