WARZONE ARAAKI SPIRAL

Discussion around specific warzones
Vidarr
Re: WARZONE ARAAKI SPIRAL

Post by Vidarr » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:12 pm

There is a burst of static across all frequencies, and then a spoken tribal chant, repeated over and over, against a staccato beat

Deyr fé,
deyja frændur,
deyr sjálfur ið sama;
en orðstír
deyr aldregi
hveim er sér góðan getur.

With that, the Aesir move to break out of the Aerodome...

Hargan Desh

Post by Hargan Desh » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Brothers,

The Trench Gate lies smashed before my forces. These cowards fall like razorgrain before the cutting blade. My forces stand ready to assault the interior. Have any of you any intelligence to share? Otherwise i will steer my legion to the Aft Magazine and crush it beneath the boots of the dead.
Hargan Desh, Bladebreaker, Red Reaper, The Scarred. Primarch of the VII Legiones Astartes, The Deadwalkers

Gamemaster

Post by Gamemaster » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 am

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++
+++ IMPERIAL SIGNATURES CONFIRMS +++
+++ OMEGA CLEARANCE +++

CURRENT STATUS OF WARZONE

FIVE FULL IMPERIAL EXPEDITIONARY FLEETS HAVE ENGAGED THE ORKS.

LEGION III STAR LIONS
LEGION V AESIR
LEGION VII DEATHWALKERS
LEGION XV LORE WARDENS
LEGION XX ANVILLUS GUARD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT THE DEEP TRENCH GATE THE DEATHWALKERS COMMIT TO A LONG TERM CAMPAIGN TO SECURE THIS SUBTERRANEAN ENTRANCE. METHODICALLY WORKING THROUGH THE MAZE OF RAVINES AND CHASMS TO REACH THE OBJECTIVE.
IT TAKES A SECOND CYCLE TO BRING THE SIEGE WEAPONRY REQUIRED INTO RANGE OF THE DOORS BUT THEN THEY FALL QUICKLY. NATURAL DEFENCES ARE OF NO CONCERN TO THE LEGION.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE AESIR HAVING FORGED A BEACHHEAD THROUGH HEAVY CASUALTIES BEGIN A GRINDING PUSH OUT ACROSS THE AERODROME. TARGETING MUNITIONS AND FUEL DUMPS TO LIMIT THE ENEMY AIR FORCES CAPABILITIES THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED IN WIPING OUT OPPOSITION. THE LANDING PADS NOW USED TO DROP IMPERIAL SUPPLIES FOR THE PUSH INTO THE FORTRESS.

AT THE STEEPLE GATE THREE LEGIONS MAKE READY FOR A CONCERTED ATTACK ON THE GRANDEST AND MOST HEAVILY DEFENDED ENTRANCE.

ENVOYS FROM THE XXTH ATTEMPT TO SECURE SURRENDER FROM THOSE DEFENDING...THEY ANSWER WITH DERISION THAT THE FORCES OUTSIDE COULD HOPE TO OVERCOME THEIR GRAND CITADEL.

THE ATTACK IS SOUNDED WITH ARTILLERY BATTERIES AND LANCE STRIKES ON THE GATES FROM THE IMPERIAL ARMY. THE COMBINED BOMBARDMENT ENOUGH TO OVERLOAD THE DEFENSIVE SHIELDS.

THE LORE WARDENS AND STAR LIONS APPROACH AGGRESSIVELY, HUNGRY TO OVERWHELM THE DEFENSES. THE ANVILLUS GUARD BEGIN WELL PRACTICED SIEGE ASSAULT MANEUVERS.

THE DEFENSIVE WEAPONRY IS BOTH POWERFUL AND UNRELENTING. MANY LOSSES ARE SUFFERED BY ALL LEGIONS, MOST FROM THE LORE WARDERS, THOUGH THERE WOULD BE MORE HAD THE STAR LIONS INFILTRATORS NOT SILENCED SEVERAL HEAVY EMPLACEMENTS.

ONCE AT THE GATES THE ANVILLUS GUARD ARE KEEN TO SHOW THE ARAAKI THE FOLLY OF THEIR WORDS AND UNLEASH DEVASTATING WEAPONRY ON THE FORTRESS GATES. SEVERAL CRACKS AND WEAKNESSES BECOME APPARENT.

THESE WEAKNESSES ARE SOON EXPLOITED BY THE LORE WARDENS AND STAR LIONS, USING PSY BLASTS AND KINETIC WAVES OR MELTA BEAMS AND ATOMIC CHARGES TO COMPROMISE THE GREAT DOORS.

LINNAEUS AND HIS LIONS ARE FIRST THROUGH THE BREACHES....

ALL THREE INGRESS LOCATIONS HAVE BEEN TAKEN. THIS ALLOWS FOR 6 LEGIONS TO ASSAULT THE INTERIOR LOCATIONS.

Linnaeus

Post by Linnaeus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Excellent work brothers, we have ripped open this fortress, now to finish the job! We are still collating reports but i plan to lead my legion to liberate the Slave pens before moving on the Command bunker. We have 5 Legions and 5 internal targets, we should each take one of them to ensure swift compliance.

Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 am

Linnaeus wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 pm
Excellent work brothers, we have ripped open this fortress, now to finish the job! We are still collating reports but i plan to lead my legion to liberate the Slave pens before moving on the Command bunker. We have 5 Legions and 5 internal targets, we should each take one of them to ensure swift compliance.
I would double check your intelligence as your blunted vision has been exposed. There are only 4 targets suitable for a legion's deployment in the warzone as the fifth is only suitable for a small strike force to deal with. The Lore Wardens shall deal with the Forward Magazines. I shall also lead a small force into the Slave Pits to stop any insurrection from those who have been captured.
Primarch of the Lore Wardens, Guardian of the Knowledge, Wielder of the Burning Book.
"They actually thought that would work against us. Interesting."

Linnaeus

Post by Linnaeus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:27 pm

OOC The LEgion still fights in strike forces as Law mentioned elsewhere, its just the Strikeforce that wins it ;)

GM EDIT.
Mechanically the Legion stats are not used only the Primarch stats. The Legion is abstracted out to providing the required support and cover to reach the strike force area.

Kirenn Lokkan

Post by Kirenn Lokkan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:12 pm

"Excellent work my brothers! See how these pathetic fortifications crumble before XXth legion might? These fool Araaki clearly do not understand the proper workings of a siegecraft, but perhaps with our presence here, I think we might teach them otherwise!"

"You are correct Linnaeus, we should each engage a target of oppourtunity to bring swift death to these deluded fools. You all seem to have the military targets in your sights, so I shall set mine against their habitation block. They have refused the XXth's offer of a peaceful surrender, and for that, they will all pay with their lives."
“The moment you stop to count the cost, that is the moment you fail."
-Kirenn Lokkan, The Hammer Of The Emperor, The Breaker, The Siege Lord, Primarch of the XXth Legionnaires Astartes

Linnaeus

Post by Linnaeus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Excellent Kierenn, they were indeed Naive to think they could hold back the great Crusade, particularly the XXth!

Brothers? Two of you have not designated targets I would prefer we coordinate a response to unexpected Strongpoints or the final bunkers but if you are unable to manage that my Legion will be held as a reserve after liberating the Slave pits to assist as needed.

Gamemaster

Post by Gamemaster » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:05 am

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++
+++ IMPERIAL SIGNATURES CONFIRMS +++
+++ OMEGA CLEARANCE +++

CURRENT STATUS OF WARZONE

FIVE FULL IMPERIAL EXPEDITIONARY FLEETS HAVE ENGAGED THE ORKS.

LEGION III STAR LIONS
LEGION V AESIR
LEGION VII DEATHWALKERS
LEGION XV LORE WARDENS
LEGION XX ANVILLUS GUARD

THE AESIR CONSOLIDATE AT THE AERODOME AND SEND INFILTRATORS TOWARDS THE OTHER SECTORS.

THE AFT MAGAZINE SUFFERS REPEATED ASSAULTS FROM THE DEATHWALKERS HOWEVER DUE TO THE LEGIONS REDUCED STRENGTH THEY WERE UNABLE TO SECURE THE MAGAZINE IN ONE ASSAULT.

THE FORE MAGAZINE FALLS TO THE LORE WARDERS AFTER A PROLONGED CAMPAIGN. A BRIEF SORTIE TO THE SLAVE PENS PROVES FRUITLESS AFTER LINNAEUS QUICK ASSAULT IN THAT LOCATION.
WITH THE FORE MAGAZINE BREACHED RE-EQUIPPING AND HEAVY ORDNANCE IS MORE AVAILABLE. ENEMY FORTIFICATIONS ARE REDUCED IN EFFECTIVENESS.

THE ANVILLUS GUARD BACKED WITH SKITARII ALLIES BEGIN A CORDONING OF THE HABITAT AND BEGIN A BRUTAL EXECUTION OF THOSE SHELTERED WITHIN. THE GARRISON FALLS QUICKLY AND THE CIVILIANS ARE BUTCHERED TO A CHILD.
A WAVE OF DESPAIR FILLS THE MASSIVE FORTRESS.

THE STAR LIONS ASSAULT THE SLAVE PENS, LINNAEUS LEADING A STRIKE TEAM DEEP INTO THE HEART OF THE FORTRESS. THE EXOTIC BEASTS OF LABOUR AND OTHER SPECIMENS PRESSED INTO THE AREAS DEFENCE FALL QUICKLY TO THE PRIMARCH.
SEVERAL SPECIMENS ARE RETAINED FOR STUDY.

THE FINAL COMMAND BUNKER CANNOT BE ASSAULTED UNTIL THE BULKHEADS AND AFT MAGAZINE FALL. HOWEVER YOU MAY SUBMIT ORDERS WHICH INCLUDE THE COMMAND BUNKER ASSUMING THOSE LOCATIONS CAN BE TAKEN IN THE SAME TURN

Hargan Desh

Post by Hargan Desh » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:11 am

My legion stands bloodied, but we will triumph. The aft magazine teeters on the brink and will certainly fall under my next assault. I will crush the remaining fortifications and lead my legion directly to an assault on the command bunker. If any of you have any information to share on the command bunker at that time, i would welcome it if it will speed our victory. Too many of my sons have died upon this cursed rock.
Hargan Desh, Bladebreaker, Red Reaper, The Scarred. Primarch of the VII Legiones Astartes, The Deadwalkers