Discussion around specific warzones
Gamemaster
WARZONE ARAAKI SPIRAL

Post by Gamemaster » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:48 am

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++
+++ IMPERIAL SIGNATURES CONFIRMS +++
+++ OMEGA CLEARANCE +++

ATTENTION LEGION COMMANDERS

THE INHABITANTS OF THE ARAAKI SPIRAL LOCATED IN THE OUTER SOUTHERN ULTIMA SEGMENTUM ARE SITTING ON VAST MINERAL DEPOSITS AND RARE RESOURCES THE GREAT CRUSADE IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF. THERE IS NOT THE TIME FOR PROLONGED NEGOTIATIONS, WE MUST TAKE THE WORLDS BY FORCE.

THEY ARE MASTER FORTIFICATION BUILDERS AND THIS WARZONE WILL REQUIRE THE CONQUERING OF THEIR DEFENSIVE MASTERPIECE.

ALONE ONE LEGION COULD EVENTUALLY OVERCOME IT, BUT OUR EXPANSION MUST NOT BE SLOWED, THEREFORE IT IS THE WISH OF TERRA THAT A COMBINATION OF LEGIONS CAN BRING THIS WORLD TO COMPLIANCE WITHIN SCHEDULE.

DO NOT FAIL HUMANITY.

TERRA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Araaki Spiral Warzone contains 9 locations across three zones. The Exterior, interior and Command.
For each exterior Location defeated, 2 Legions can assault the interior. So 6 Legions once all 3 have fallen.
The Command Bunker can only be assaulted once all the Interior locations have been defeated.

Linnaeus

Re: WARZONE ARAAKI SPIRAL

Post by Linnaeus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 pm

I am completing Compliance actions at Black rock, i do not expect them to be capable of resisting my assault for any appreciable amount of time and will then bring my Legion to bear.

The Steeple gate seems best suited to our abilities.

Hargan Desh

Post by Hargan Desh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:46 am

Greetings Brothers,

Following the successful eradication of the Greenskins at Talon Reach my fleet makes all speed for the Araaki Spiral. It will be good to fight alongside you.
Hargan Desh, Bladebreaker, Red Reaper, The Scarred. Primarch of the VII Legiones Astartes, The Deadwalkers

Kirenn Lokkan

Post by Kirenn Lokkan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:23 pm

"My Brothers, I am currently delayed in... 'negotiations' with a non-compliant world, but I do not expect it will delay my legion long. Then we shall make haste to this warzone, I feel my Siegecraft expertise will be invaluable to this fight."
“The moment you stop to count the cost, that is the moment you fail."
-Kirenn Lokkan, The Hammer Of The Emperor, The Breaker, The Siege Lord, Primarch of the XXth Legionnaires Astartes

Gamemaster

Post by Gamemaster » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:31 am

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++
+++ IMPERIAL SIGNATURES CONFIRMS +++
+++ OMEGA CLEARANCE +++

CURRENT STATUS OF WARZONE

TWO IMPERIAL EXPEDITIONARY FLEETS HAVE ENGAGED THE ARAAKI.

LEGION V AESIR
LEGION VII DEATHWALKERS

THE AESIR HAVE LANDED UNASSISTED ON THE FORTRESS WORLD ASSAULTING THE AERODOME. PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE BUT PAID FOR HEAVILY.

THERE IS STILL HEAVY RESISTANCE AT THAT LOCATION.

THE DEATHWALKERS HAVE BEGUN SCOUTING OPERATIONS ON THE TRENCH GATE TO GAIN INTELLIGENCE ON THIS DANGEROUS ASSAULT VECTOR

Kirenn Lokkan

Post by Kirenn Lokkan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:05 pm

+++Incoming transmission+++
+++XXth legion signature+++

"Desh, Linnaeus - my brothers. My legion is enroute to your location with all haste. My men cry out for real fortifications worthy of the name to test themselves upon. We shall be with you shortly. Unless either of you have desperate need, I intend to lay siege to Steeple Gate. Its walls and gates will not withstand my legion. Nothing can."

+++Transmission ends+++
“The moment you stop to count the cost, that is the moment you fail."
-Kirenn Lokkan, The Hammer Of The Emperor, The Breaker, The Siege Lord, Primarch of the XXth Legionnaires Astartes

Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:39 pm

Kirenn, my Legion will fight alongside yours at the Steeple gate. They shall not be able to stand against our forces.
Primarch of the Lore Wardens, Guardian of the Knowledge, Wielder of the Burning Book.
"They actually thought that would work against us. Interesting."

Hargan Desh

Post by Hargan Desh » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:03 am

My brothers,

While you procrastinate and dig holes, my legion will take the fight to the foe. My scouts have determined the most tactically viable route through this position, and i will lead the charge myself to break through this with full force. Any who wish to follow in my wake are welcome to join the assault, but do not stand in my way, lest you be crushed along with these deluded fools.
Hargan Desh, Bladebreaker, Red Reaper, The Scarred. Primarch of the VII Legiones Astartes, The Deadwalkers

Linnaeus

Post by Linnaeus » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Kierren it will be good to fight by your side once more, given the surprises waiting at the other gates we will be Scouting the Steeple gate before launching an all out assault, with three Legions though we may well be able to blow straight through into an interior Location if you will both arrive in time?

Three Legions is certainly enough that reckless witchery can be kept to a minimum Aristarchus.

Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Linnaeus wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:12 pm
Kierren it will be good to fight by your side once more, given the surprises waiting at the other gates we will be Scouting the Steeple gate before launching an all out assault, with three Legions though we may well be able to blow straight through into an interior Location if you will both arrive in time?

Three Legions is certainly enough that reckless witchery can be kept to a minimum Aristarchus.
Linnaeus there are many solutions to a problem. In this case I have requested artillery from the Imperial "Army" to blow big holes in the fortifications so that we may assault through them. I shall not ignore any useful weapon in the fight against the enemies of our Father's Empire be it through psychic abilities or more conventional weaponry.
Primarch of the Lore Wardens, Guardian of the Knowledge, Wielder of the Burning Book.
"They actually thought that would work against us. Interesting."